Happy new year, book friends! I’ve already set my Goodreads Challenge for 2020 and there’s a stack of books calling my name.
To celebrate the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020, here’s the list of all 27 books I read last year. This year I’m aiming for 30!
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Miseducation of Henry Cane by Charles Brooks (Younger tv-show tie-in; actually written by Jo Piazza)
- Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner
- Summer of ’69 by Elin Hilderbrand
- A Woman is No Man by Etaf Rum
- Hello Sunshine by Laura Dave
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- ALERT: The second book in this series publishes in July 2020. It’s called A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor and I’m already counting down the days.
- The Windfall by Diksha Basu
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- American Royals by Katharine McGee
- So glad I knew this book was part of a series before I read it, otherwise the ending would have made me throw it across the room. The second book comes out some time this year (no release date or title yet) and I can’t wait to know what happens!!
- How to Save a Life by Kristin Harmel
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Winter in Paradise by Elin Hildebrand
- The second book in this series published this past October. I haven’t read it yet, but it’s at the top of my 2020 list! The third and final book in this new winter series from Elin Hilderbrand comes out in October 2020.
- One Day in December by Josie Silver
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- It was so fun to listen to this one. I found the beginning a little slow, but absolutely loved it by the end. I highly recommend it!
- Yes, Please by Amy Poehler
- I adored this book, and like Bossypants, it was so fun to listen to. Definitely one of my all-time favorite celebrity books!
- Holiday Greetings from Sugar and Booze from Ana Gasteyer
- The Greatest Love Story Ever Told by Megan Mullally and Nick Offerman
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
- A Thousand Mornings by Mary Oliver
- One word: Gorgeous.
- Stumbling Towards Happiness by Kat Lehmann
- The Places I Stopped on the Way Home by Meg Fee
- Ah. This book has my soul. To say I adored this book is an understatement. The writing is very similar to the way I write and I immediately became attached. I purposely read this book slowly because I wanted to savor every page. It was incredible to feel seen by someone you’ve never met. I felt very much in tune with this book. Hopefully this year I can put into more eloquent words how much this book means to me. (Stay tuned.)
- Anthony Bourdain Remembered by CNN
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- I continue to reference this book constantly.
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Dr. Spencer Johnson
- In Conclusion, Don’t Worry About It by Lauren Graham
- Julián Is a Mermaid by Jessica Love
- This book is beautiful. I’ve bought it multiple times as gifts for the kids in my life. This story about acceptance is one that all children (and adults, for that matter) should read.
To round out my wrap up post, here’s my top 5 favorite wines from 2019:
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)
- Auburn Road Sole (New Jersey)
- Chloe Prosecco (Italy)
- Dreaming Tree Pinot Noir (California)
- Bright Cellars Azuli Sauvignon Blanc (Chile)
What’s on your 2020 reading list?
If you’re interested in checking out Bright Cellars, use my referral link to get a $50 credit on your first order!
*I was not compensated for my review. All thoughts and images are my own.*